Google
 

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Sarasonteh Via Bangkok Pundit: General Saprang's Thoughts on "Shooting and Killing Dogs"

General Saprang Kalayanamitr is a well-accomplished man. Besides his day-to-day responsibilities as a Coup God, he is the head honcho of the shadowy Special Operations Center, the newly-appointed chairman of the board of three key SOEs, an indulging brother of Chianchuang Kalayanamitr, and a veritable hero to, um, himself. An overachiever that he is, however, he is already envisioning for himself another role that will eclipse all those that he’s taken on so far — the machine gunner of “dogs”.

From Thai Rath (cache), April 8, 2006

Continued



Tom makes a note about the Thai media and I have seen a poster at New Mandala make the same comment also: To understand the Thai media, you have to know the Thai language.

I think Bangkok Pundit and I do a fairly good job of covering the English language media concerning Thailand, notably from our perspective, but there is a lack of effort, at least on my part, from doing some Thai language media analysis. I wish Tom could do the translations everyday, because he is witty and does a good job, but obviously he doesn't have all the time in the world.

I want to keep this an English language blog, but if you have any links or translations you want to send me about things in Thai, send me an e-mail and I'll throw it up on the blog.

On my part, I may start doing some Thai news analysis from what I see on the evening news, but that will probably kill thousands of my brain cells every night.

No comments: