Former prime minister Surayud Chulanont will hold a press conference on Saturday afternoon at Suvarnabhumi airport after he was accused by ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra to be behind the millitary coup that toppled him, his close aide said.
The press conference will be held at 4pm, according to Gen Surayud's close aide Gen Ninnart Biewkaimook.
Thaksin, speaking to his supporters via video link on Friday night, said Privy Council president Prem Tinsulanonda and Gen Surayud were his principal political adversaries who engineered a plot to topple his government.
He said Gen Surayud could have harboured grudges against him after being removed as army commander-in-chief.
1. There will be no clear denial of being involved in the coup.
2. The worthless Thai media won't ask tough questions.
3. The worthless Thai media will just regurgitate Surayud's words as fact.
4. The worthless Thai media won't interview any other generals involved in the coup and get their story.
6. The worthless Thai media won't use Sondhi Limthongkul's videos or words as evidence against Surayud.
7. The worthless Thai media will turn this story into another he said, he said story without any independent investigation to verify the facts.